About the Company:
Canadian Blast Freezers/Canada First Brands is a privately owned Canadian Company. We are a growing meat processing and cold storage company and are committed to providing industry leading product quality, customer service and new product development in meeting the needs of our customers.
We believe that our success depends on the quality and leadership abilities of our Team Members. Our goal is to have a talented, competent workforce and provide opportunities for skills development and career advancement.
We are seeking individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment who have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and who are team oriented.
· Day Shift (6:30am – 3:00pm); Overtime as required.
· $16.00/ an hour starting rate with pay advancements available for motivated individuals. Eligible for Group Benefits after probationary period.
· Fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to work on the production line conducting various tasks such as; de-boning and /or trimming product to customers’ specifications, packaging, weighing, labelling, or using machinery to create our value added products.
· Promotes an open two-way communication and takes accountability of own work, with the goal of enabling a high performance team.
· Follows Canadian Blasts Freezers policies and procedures, health and safety policies and HACCP standards.
· Promotes a respectful workplace, one that is healthy, safe, supportive and values diversity.
· Timely, accurate, and quality handling of meat products.
· Must be a team player.
· Willing to assist in a variety of work tasks.
· Butchering skills, packaging, weighing, labeling of meat products.
· Follows the Canadian Blast Freezer Team Values, promotes a positive work environment
· Follows HACCP standards
· Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in your area and following good manufacturing, quality and safety procedures.
· Strives to meet Production yields/efficiencies standards
· Take Line/Unit Leader feedback on issues and opportunities to improve production process.
· Responsible for attendance, and absenteeism.
Exceptional Benefits Include:
· Competitive wages // annual increases // lots of room for wage growth // extended health + medical // group life and accidental death insurance // long term disability coverage // vision coverage // dental coverage // paramedical expense coverage // career growth and continued training + development.
· Clean criminal record (willing to obtain record check).
Completion of Grade 12
· Must be physically fit (able to lift 60 lbs).
· Able to work in cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
Canadian Blast Freezers is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-613-394-4122 ext. 228
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Secondary School (Required)
- (Clean) Criminal Record (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place