About the Company:
Canadian Blast Freezers/Canada First Brands is a privately owned Canadian Company. We are a growing meat processing and cold storage company and are committed to providing industry leading product quality, customer service and new product development in meeting the needs of our customers.
We believe that our success depends on the quality and leadership abilities of our Team Members. Our goal is to have a talented, competent workforce and provide opportunities for skills development and career advancement.
We are seeking individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment who have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and who are team oriented.
· Day Shift, Monday to Friday (7:30am – 4:00pm); Overtime as required.
· $17.75/ an hour starting rate with pay advancements available for motivated individuals. Eligible for Group Benefits after probationary period.
· Performs special service requirements including packaging, stamping, labeling, weighing, product tempering, repacking and container loading / unloading
· All material handling requirements for the freezer including: receiving, unloading, pallet inversion, packaging, storing, picking and shipment of customer product. Scans all products and inputs temperatures, weights, and entering inventory into computer system.
· Fast-paced work environment.
· Promotes an open two-way communication and takes accountability of own work, with the goal of enabling a high performance team.
· Follows Canadian Blasts Freezers policies and procedures, health and safety policies and HACCP standards.
· Promotes a respectful workplace, one that is healthy, safe, supportive and values diversity.
· Timely, accurate, and quality handling of products.
· Must be a team player.
· Willing to assist in a variety of work tasks.
· Must be physically fit, ability to load trailers by hand.
· Loading and unloading trailers, blast cells and tempering cells
· Follows the Canadian Blast Freezer Team Values, promotes a positive work environment
· Follows HACCP standards
· Picking, packaging, weighing, wrapping, inverting, labelling, hand-bombing, and slip-sheeting products.
· Take supervisor feedback on issues and opportunities to improve warehouse process.
· Responsible for attendance, and absenteeism.
Exceptional Benefits Include:
· Competitive wages // annual increases // lots of room for wage growth // extended health + medical // group life and accidental death insurance // long term disability coverage // vision coverage // dental coverage // paramedical expense coverage // career growth and continued training + development.
· Clean criminal record (willing to obtain record check).
· Completion of Grade 12
· Valid forklift license with 1-2 years’ experience
· Must be physically fit (able to lift 60 lbs), on a regular basis.
· Able to work in cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
Canadian Blast Freezers is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-613-394-4122 ext. 228